Wednesday, September 22, 2010

School Attire-Part Five


I thought I better join all the fun at Elsie Marley's, kid clothes week in hopes of finishing my back to school refashions.

Today's refashion comes from this little sun dress. I liked the seersucker fabric and ruffle at the bottom.
This was my first try at shirring. I had to unpick it a couple of times, but I'm happy with the end result.

I also used elastic thread around the sleeves.
Of course I had to add pockets, something we both love.
I've learned so much doing these refashions. I hope you are enjoying them as much as I do.

I'll be linking HERE.

13 comments:

StaceyL. said...

I am a total stranger but I follow you regularly - hee hee! This is my favorite refashion yet! New to sewing and miles away from what you do but this one is SUPER CUTE!

TLF said...

It's so cute!!

kBr said...

i love the pockets on this dress!!!!!! very nice!!!
www.kristineandryan.blogspot.com

Deborah Raymond said...

Sooo cute! Some refashions (like this one) are far better AFTER the redo.

Katie said...

I have to say that is pretty stinkin cute! you did a great job on your first time shirring too... but I must warn you, it gets addictive! great job!

Melissa B. said...

Adorable! I sew alot, im waiting for my sewing machine to be sent to me from home, but i have never tried any refashions.. I am definitely inspired to try some. I will post any if i do! thanks for the ideas!

Cole's Corner said...

REALLY cute and sweet.

My Little Cupcake said...

What a sweet little dress! Love it!

nest full of eggs said...

i love these types of ideas ! well done !

Anonymous said...

that is absolutely adorable!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

it's adorable and perfect!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Are you stalking me? Or am I stalking you...hehe! That's so funny we were visiting each others blogs at the same time. What are the chances!?

Jessica said...

I found your blog through someone else's and just have to say I LOVE your refashions. They all look so professional and well made.
I've just started repurposing and sewing children's clothes. Check out them on my blog sometime.

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails